Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunny Vacation

March 4th-17th, 2014
I LOVE CALIFORNIA & BABY SHOWERS!!!

 Visiting my mom, family, and friends these past two weeks has been absolutely AMAZING! Northern Idaho, where we have been living for the past two and a half months, is freezing. The snow has a majestic beauty when observed from a heated room through a window though! It is confirmed, I hate freezing temperatures. I know that is a strong word, but it is worth using for this post. My poor husband has been very kind in always warming up the car for at least 5 minutes for me before I make the quick dash from the warm fireplace to the car. He also always turns on the floor heater so when I get out of a shower I can quickly sit in front of it to warm up as I dry off. So ridiculous I know.  Many can deal fine with the cold, others even love it. I am a big baby, and I am a helpless wreck. Now that I have complained for awhile I hope I have not bored anyone, but helped you feel comforted that you are not the only baby out there like me, or helped you understand why I loved this vacation even more! California sun is AMAZING!!!

Jeff and I boarded our flight with our luggage packed full with sandals, shorts, and t-shirts. I am happy to say we used it all!!! We had so much fun going on double dates with friends, going out to dinner with my step-father, having brunch with grandparents, going on daily walks with the dogs while soaking in the sun, visiting the Sacramento Temple twice, Sunday dinners with friends, shopping, and enjoying a wonderful baby shower put on by my mom and Cynthia Graves! 

Baby Highlights:

It was a blast to show my best friend my baby bump. As Katherine opened her front door and saw me, she began crying as she hugged my belly. I love her children and have always enjoyed watching them grow, and it is fun to be in the same stage of life now!
Sunday night 3.9.14, my mom got to feel three strong kicks by the little guy! It was so fun to watch her face light up as she felt her first grand child!!! His movements are becoming stronger and continuous! 

 My schedule is crazy so the only time that I could fly down and visit during my pregnancy was now, just around the half way mark. My mom was so sweet, and planned and surprised me with a baby shower.  It was fun to see many friends and be able to celebrate with them!
Here are some of the pictures that were captured at the baby shower:

 preparing the food
 our yummy menu

 Jeff was awesome and such a good sport. He set up an adorable photo booth!
 Ann Kerr and I representing the "Y"
 It was such a beautiful day!

 The master minds behind the party!  
 Thank you Ladies!!!
Baby things are too Adorable!!
 An adorable diaper carriage that my Grandma made!
 Jeff and I were like children as we looked over our adorable baby clothes!!!











1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you and your son got to be royally spoiled! You deserve it all! How I wish I could have celebrated you in person! I'm glad you had such a good trip.

    ReplyDelete