Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Small Town Charm

This was a while back but it was too fun for me not to post! 

 Two weeks old! Look at how he can hold his head up, he came out that way! Way to strong :) I can't believe how much he has changed. His hair used to be so dark! 

    I was such a go and do things kind of girl before Emmett came along. The world is huge and I wanted to see it all with out ever slowing down. Well I am beginning to learn that I need balance, although some might say that I am still trying to do to much. Give me time ;) I am learning! We all need excitement and beauty in our life and having a baby has shown me that staying home is wonderful! I really learned this last week after a crazy week that just ended where I took on the task to drive down to Utah to visit family (a post later to come). WOW I am exhausted now!

Jeff and I have explored many a country through Europe and what we found was incredible, but equal to that adventure is finding all the beauty close to home. I thought that when we moved to Moscow, Idaho that we would be out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do. I was so wrong. For a month there we had a carnival, county fair, lentil festival, and rodeo! Many a carnival corn dog and elephant ears were eaten! Bring on the small town charm!


Honeysuckle Beach 8.16.14







Jeff and I were also able to get a way for a tiny bit and explore Hayden lake. I thought that carrying Emmett around would have strengthened my arms but I was so wrong! I was such a slow poke out there kayaking! At one point I look up and Jeff had gotten a good 100 feet ahead of me. I decided it wasn't worth the energy and just placed the paddle on my lap and looked around. Everything was beautiful. The waves on the lake and the green everywhere.... it is amazing how beautiful nature is!!!

Sweet little boys!





hehe :)



National Lentil Festival 8.22.14

  500 gallons of free lentil chili 

The festival is a yearly tradition here. But this year it ended abruptly. About one hour in the skies turned dark and there was a torrential down poor. We quickly got out of there and headed home for a fun date night!!!





The Whitman County Rodeo 9.6.14


We met up with three of Jeff's classmates and their families and our good friends from church to go to a rodeo. When I was back at BYU Idaho I went to a few and loved them, Jeff on the other hand had never been to one. I don't think he was that excited to begin with, but by the end I think he liked it! My favorite is the country music and trick riders! There were these young kids who were riding their horses backwards, standing, and hanging off of the sattle. Amazing to watch, but I think I would have a heart attack if Emmett ever tried doing that! 


 How Emmett enjoyed the festivities




My little family!

2 comments: