Saturday, October 6, 2012

National Smile Day

October 5th is National Smile Day!!! 

“If you're reading this...

Congratulations, you're alive.
If that's not something to smile about,
then I don't know what is.” 


Isn't the sound of that simply amazing!?! A couple weeks ago on September 26th  my roommates, a roommate's fiance, Man Shayn (yes that is the name we call him), Jeff, and I celebrated Lumber Jack day. We all went ALL out :
1.wearing flanel and other essential attire that it takes to be legit :)
      (Ashley and I totally pulled off the suspenders!!!)
2.parading the attire all day around campus and in our classes
3.eating pancakes for dinner
4.listening to lumberjack music
5.playing games
6.taking lumbar jack pose pictures
     bellow is a small peak



Whoever knew that folks out there in the world have gone through the trouble of making so many official holidays!!! I do not know who they are, but I am fully impressed and supportive of their commitment to the cause.  If you have not taken the time to google "obscure" national holidays you SHOULD!!! Just to give you a sneak peak: 
Some of my Favs
May 3rd... World Naked Gardening Day
The Day after Thanksgiving... National Flossing day
May the Fourth of May be with you... National Star Wars Day
November 12... National Pizza with all the works except Anchovies Day
October 21... National Babbling Day
July 26... All or Nothing day
July 29... Cheese Sacrifice Purchase Day
But best of all, I hope you all enjoy JULY 6th... INTERNATIONAL KISSING DAY

Sorry for the tangent there, just so excited to share the wealth of holiday knowledge :)
A good way to spice up life!!! 
Trying to celebrate the day I sat and pondered... always a great time to use the beautiful brain God has given us (but do not worry, I smiled the whole time. It may have creep-ed a few individuals out... but it is the spirit of the day). In this time of pondering I developed a list of just some of the things that cause me to smile, I hope you enjoy:
1.Family
2.Holding Hands
3.blueberries
4.chapstick
5.Holding babies
6.toe nail polish
7.Hummus
8.Rings (hands or toes)
9. REI
10.organic baby clothes
11.The warm sun beating down with a cooling breeze
12.Dharma and Greg
13. Trader Joes
14.Cute Bras
15.Peace in all its cute shapes and actions
16.The Piano Guys
17. Bare feet in the grass
18.Thai Food
19. Big ethnic earrings
20. Kissing and or dancing (in the rain)
21. Avocados and Yummy Cheeses 
22.Art museums
23. Spinning
24. Singing in the shower
25.Sexy blue jeans
26. A large class of fresh Peppermint Sun Ice Tea
27. Happy toddlers
28. Taking pictures
29. Zumba
30. Leaves changing colors
31.Hearing Chinese
32. Old Spice Aqua Reef
33. TRAVELING

Here are 33... my favorite number (which also makes me smile) !!! I hope these have caused a little upward curve of your lips!!!!!

A picture to leave you off with on this amazing day of days:

   This picture was a product of playing in Spanish Fork near the home of y Mission President.  Yes, today I went to my mission reunion. I can hardly believe I got home on March 17th 2012.. almost 2 and 1/2 years ago!!! Although it was a shock and somewhat exciting mixed with odd feelings of returning to the mission field peps I was happy to spend it with my man, who calmly helped me wipe away any insecurity and Amanda, who also served in the same mission right after me!!! Plus the three of us after the festivities rolled down the hill. It was a thrill to get lost in the tumbling of the motion with the view of the lights of the Salt Lake Valley below!!!



(Jeff and I)

“Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” 
― Mother Teresa





No comments:

Post a Comment